Student Managers are selected by the conductors of each orchestra (2 each for Symphony & Philharmonic, 1 each for Etude & Prelude) and the CSOYO Manager. They receive a 50% discount off the regular tuition rate for their orchestra.
STUDENT MANAGER REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have at least 1 season of experience in a CSOYO orchestra prior to application year
- Must be available and have transportation to arrive 30-45 minutes early to every regular rehearsal on Monday nights for set-up, and stay after 30 minutes for breakdown of rehearsal space.
- Must be able to arrive early and stay late at performance venues for set-up and breakdown for final rehearsals and performances.
- Must be able to follow a set-up chart and work independently without direction.
- Must be able to carry equipment as needed at venue rehearsals/concerts.
- Provide additional help to the conductors or Manager as needed.
All applicants must complete the application below AND submit a 1-page essay (300 words or less) explaining why you would like to be a CSOYO Student Manager and what qualifications you have that would make you a good manager. This essay can be attached at the end of this application or submitted separately via email to the CSOYO Manager at email@example.com. Applications will not be considered without an essay submission.
To apply, please complete the information below, along with the application ESSAY, by July 16, 2021. If you have any questions, please contact the CSOYO Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.