Application Deadline: September 7, 2022 – Late applications will not be considered
Competition: Thursday, November 3, 2022 at 5:00 PM
First Christian Church (Sanctuary), 650 McCallie Ave, Chattanooga, TN 37403
Any CSOYO Member in the Symphony for the 2022-23 season who has been a CSOYO member (Symphony or Philharmonic) in good standing for at least one (1) year prior to the competition is eligible to compete, and should adhere to the following guidelines:
- Members must complete the application form and submit the chosen piece to the CSOYO Manager by the deadline: September 7, 2022.
- The chosen piece must be one movement from a standard concerto, or solo/ensemble selection that has orchestral accompaniment parts available. Questions should be directed to private teachers/conductors.
- If the CSO does not already own the orchestral accompaniment parts for the selected piece and they must be purchased or rented, the selected winners agree to pay half the cost to rent or purchase the orchestral parts for any amount over $500. The CSOYO Manager can help determine cost of rental/purchase once selection has been submitted.
- The CSO reserves the right to suggest a different piece for performance.
- Purchased music will remain the property of the CSO.
- The chosen piece should be no longer than 10 minutes.
- Audition times and instructions, including a scheduled warm-up time, will be sent to each applicant.
- Auditions take place in person in the sanctuary at First Christian Church.
- Members must perform one movement from a standard concerto, or solo/ensemble selection that has orchestral accompaniment parts available.
- Members must audition on the instrument that they play in the CSOYO, and they must audition with the piece of music that they will perform (if selected as a winner).
- Students should furnish five (5) printed copies of their selection (including accompaniment) for the judges on the day of the competition.
- It is highly recommended that the student audition with a piano accompanist. Students are responsible for providing their own accompanist and for ensuring the accompanist know the time and location of the audition. If you need recommendations for an accompanist, please email the CSOYO Manager.
- One winner and one runner-up are chosen.
- The winner will be featured during the current concert season on a CSOYO concert, and other performance opportunities may be offered by the CSO.
- The runner-up will also be featured on a CSOYO concert.
- A student can be both winner and runner-up one time ONLY.
- Based on performance standards, judges reserve the right not to declare a winner and/or runner-up.
CONCERTO COMPETITION APPLICATION