CSOYO Monday Night Rehearsals
Policies and Procedures
First Baptist Church, Chattanooga
401 Gateway Avenue, Chattanooga, TN 37402
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE: Please check your temperature before you leave home. If you are running a fever or are experiencing other symptoms of COVID-19, please do not come to rehearsal, and notify the CSOYO Manager of your absence immediately. Please see the CSOYO Attendance Policy for more information on illness or absences.
PANDEMIC SAFETY MEASURES: We will follow CDC recommended guidelines throughout the season and ask for flexibility and patience as the health and safety policy measures may change. Please visit the COVID Rehearsal and Performance Safety page of this website for the latest updates.
From 1-24: Take the US 27 N/Downtown exit. Take Exit 1B – Martin Luther King Jr. Drive. At the light at the end of the exit ramp, turn LEFT onto MLK. At the second light, turn RIGHT onto Gateway Avenue. The church is at the intersection of Gateway Avenue and Cameron Hill Drive. Go PAST Cameron Hill Drive and take the second LEFT into the main parking lot using the entrance off Gateway Avenue.
From US 27 S: Just after crossing the TN River, take the Gateway Avenue exit to the right. At the end of the ramp, turn RIGHT onto Gateway Avenue, and immediately RIGHT into the main parking lot of FBC.
PARKING & ENTRY/EXIT: There are other groups besides the CSOYO using FBC on Mondays who are assigned other parking areas and other entry doors. The CSOYO assigned lot is the large main lot in front of the Sanctuary, and our assigned entry is the LOBBY ENTRANCE next to the Steeple. All CSOYO Members/parents should park in the large main parking lot ONLY and use the LOBBY ENTRANCE ONLY. Use the main parking lot entrance off Gateway Avenue. Go up the wide stairs in the upper left corner of the lot and enter at the LOBBY ENTRANCE to the left of the bell steeple. Report to the Attendance Check-In table before proceeding to your rehearsal room. To avoid disturbing other groups and also as a security measure, all CSOYO members, parents and staff should also EXIT through the same Lobby door when rehearsal is over, even if they are close to another exit. Please help keep FBC secure by following this procedure. Thank you!
WAITING AREA: Parents will be allowed to walk their musicians to the designated entrance door and check them in at the Attendance Table, but will not be allowed to enter the rehearsal rooms. A waiting area with chairs is available in the lobby next to the Attendance Table for parents. The Blue Goose Hollow Park and Trailhead for the TN Riverwalk is just three blocks from FBC at 876 W. 9th Avenue, and is an excellent place to play or get in some exercise during rehearsal.
CHECK-IN/ATTENDANCE: ALL CSOYO Members MUST check in at the Attendance Table prior to every rehearsal. This is for attendance records and also for contact tracing and security.
REHEARSAL TIMES AND LOCATIONS:
CHAMBER PLAYERS: 4:45 – 5:45 PM VARIOUS ROOMS
PRELUDE: 5:00 – 6:00 PM PARLOR
PHILHARMONIC: 6:00 – 8:00 PM FELLOWSHIP HALL
SYMPHONY: 6:00 – 8:00 PM SANCTUARY
ETUDE: 6:30 – 8:00 PM PARLOR
RESTROOMS: Members of each orchestra should use the restrooms assigned to their rehearsal space ONLY.
Prelude & Etude: restrooms are located right outside the Parlor, near the Chapel entrance.
Philharmonic: restrooms are located just outside the Fellowship Hall downstairs
Symphony: restrooms are located in the Sanctuary Lobby or the Main Lobby.
Parents: restrooms located in the Lobby near the Attendance Table
CSOYO Members and parents should NOT wander around OR enter any other areas of FBC, including the Nursery or Youth areas downstairs, or the upstairs administrative areas or School of Fine Arts rooms, at any time on Monday nights. Please be respectful of our wonderful hosts at FBC and remain only in CSOYO designated areas. Thank you!
PARENT VOLUNTEERS: The CSOYO relies heavily on parental involvement in order to meet our programming goals and provide a safe environment for our members. Parent volunteers are much appreciated and the CSOYO requests that each member’s family volunteer a minimum of 2 hours per season. Please sign up HERE.
All parent volunteers must follow CSO/CSOYO Safety procedures regarding the COVID-19 virus, including signing a COVID-19 waiver.
- ATTENDANCE: Parents are needed to check in members at the attendance table at weekly rehearsals.
- TUNERS: Parents who are string players are needed to help with tuning in all orchestras a few minutes prior to their weekly rehearsals.
- CONCERTS: Parents are needed to assist with check-in, warm-up room monitoring, sitting with orchestra members during the concert, and other duties at the concert venues. These volunteers receive free admission to the concert once their volunteer duties are completed. Families are limited to one concert volunteer shift per season to provide opportunities to all families.
The CSOYO Manager greatly appreciates all parent and member volunteers! Thank you in advance for your help!
POSITIVE COVID TEST: If a CSOYO member, staff member or volunteer tests POSITIVE for COVID-19, the following actions will be taken:
1. The CSOYO Manager or CSO Executive Director should be notified immediately.
2. The CSOYO Manager will notify all members of all orchestras that a positive case was reported, and will share when and where the person was onsite. The person will remain anonymous. Members and their families can make their own determination of whether they need to be in quarantine.
3. The Hamilton Co. Dept. of Health will be responsible for contact tracing. When doing so, they are most concerned with people who were in close proximity (within 6 feet) with an infected person for 15 minutes or longer. The CSOYO expects all persons on site at rehearsal to wear masks and remain six feet apart or more. If these practices are followed, we may not need to shut down rehearsals or require that all people in a particular room be quarantined in the event of one positive case.
The CSOYO will examine each case and if multiple cases are reported in a particular group, we may decide to shut down this group temporarily.
CSOYO Members, staff and volunteers are encouraged to continue to wear masks and practice social distancing while moving through the building before and after rehearsal, and in the parking lot outside, in order to minimize the chance of spread. Carpooling should be avoided whenever possible.